Student Application Now enrolling scholars for Kindergarten through Fourth Grade.
“Why send your special education child to Henry Johnson Charter School? Personal attention both for you and your child. Two teachers in every classroom. Two experienced full time Special Education teachers for push in and pull out services. Access to Speech and Occupational therapists as needed. A full time Social Worker to assist with social and emotional needs. A Support Services Coordinator with years of experience advocating for special education students and their parents. An entire staff that believes your child can succeed and are willing to go the extra mile to make it happen. For enrollment information, please contact our Parent Liaison (one more staff member fully committed to helping your family), Tanya Penn, at 518-432-4300 for an application or go on our website to learn more at www.hjcslearn.org.”
HJCS Picture Day is Wednesday, October 29 !
Click above image to order online
Picture Day ID is: AD084879Q0
NEWS and EVENTS
- Check out our Family Communication page for this weeks Bulldog News! (10/21/14)
- Look in your scholar's Tuesday Folder for information about our 2014 Harvest Festival!
- Click to see the October 2014 Lunch Calendar
- Board of Trustees Meetings:
- The next Board meeting will be on October 21st at 5:15 at HJCS.
- Click HERE to see meetings for the 2014-2015 school year.
- FOIL Information
- HJCS Technology Plan
- Be sure to sign up for Price Chopper's "Tools for School" program! Our school code is 41286.....your grocery purchases can help us get books, equipment, even computers for our scholars. Thank you for supporting your school!
Henry Johnson K-4th
Welcome to the Henry Johnson Charter School Webpage! Henry Johnson Charter School is a tuition-free public charter school that opened in Albany in September, 2007.
The school serves elementary scholars, Kindergarten through Grade 4. Located in the West Hills area of the city, Henry Johnson is modeled on the highly successful Milwaukee College Prep School in Wisconsin and is named for Albany’s hero of the First World War, Sergeant Henry Johnson.
This combination of outstanding academic programming and compelling touchstone for character development makes Henry Johnson Charter School a wise educational choice for your child.